Re: [lro] Redoing engines, and the dangers inherent therein. Advice pls

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 07:20:29 EST

    Rick Grant wrote:

    >. But why try to overhaul an
    > inherently weaker engine than a five bearing.
    >

    > Or should I just take a stiff drink (not good for blood pressure I know)
    > and let the enthusiasm pass?
    >
    > Rick Grant

    The 3 bearing gas engine is not particularly weak in standard trim and
    is well worth rebuilding. It is less suited to the power increasing
    modifications you might be tempted to do when in full shipfitting mode.
    The 5 bearing change was made to accomodate upgrading the diesel engine.

    Yes settle back with your favorit beverage and leave the old girl in
    peace.
    John and Muddy