[lro] Stromberg Carburetors

From: LYNNE WORKMAN (workmeistr@msn.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 15:11:38 EST

    Hi, Folks,
      Is there anyone familiar with the early Rangie dual-carb setup? My carbs
    are SU FZX 1316R. I have been unsuccessful in locating a rebuild kit for
    them. I redid the fuel lines and tried to make the former trailing carb the
    lead carb, to clean up the mass of fuel lines. It didnt work, and the new
    leading carb shot fuel out the overflow. So I switched it back to the
    original lead carb getting the fuel first. I ran the truck without the
    mechanical fuel pump on to run the excess gas out of the carbs. I plugged
    the fuel pump in, switched the power on, the carbs fill up and they both
    shoot fuel out the overflows without the engine even running. So, I have
    overwhelmed the carbs, and/or the floats, and/or the float fuel shut off.
    The truck ran fine before I started monkeying with it, but it was running
    rich due to the altitude difference.

      I am interested in a rebuild kit for these carbs, as well as smaller jets
    for the altitude. These carbs are not automatic choke, even though they
    look similar to those shown in the Range Rover Haynes manual. They do not
    have a mixture setting on the bottom of the housing, however, like the
    manual choke carbs shown in the Rangie manual. Does anyone recognize the
    carb? Are rebuild kits available?
    Thanks for your time, Bren.

    Bren K. Workman
    4955 Manzana Drive