Re: [lro] npn LR question - vintage volvos

From: Nick Danger (nick@hackermonkey.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 15:07:06 EST

    On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 13:33, Rich Williams wrote:

    > Then she tells me that when at the mall the other night she saw an old
    > Volvo. From what she told me about it, sounds like there was a small badge
    > forward of the a-post that had a "122" with an "S" beneath the number. It
    > had a metal instrument panel painted body color, 4 doors and a hatch back.
    > Sounds like it is a small station wagon it sounds like. And she's crazy
    > about it.

    The 122's are VERY interesting cars. Volvos are not hard mechanically to
    work on. And if you are anywhere near New England then they are on every
    corner. (With a few dozen large used parts places in Mass, CT and NJ [I
    think thats where])

    > And is there someplace on the net like LRX.com but for Volvos where I can do
    > a little research?

    Theres a huge group of Volvo owners and clubs. I had a 240 which are the
    generic square one that can be seen on almost every college campus.

    Try http://www.brickboard.com/ for a start. There are quite a few
    mailing lists and other things.