Re: [lro] Series IIA Brakes Saga

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 07:55:29 EST

    It may well be that you have three other problems which give the same
    symptoms.
               1:if an 88, the brake springs are connected between the shoes
    at the top. This is incorrect. the spring connects the front shoe to a
    peg on the backing plate located behind the opposite shoe.

               2: if a 109 the rear brake shoes are incorrectly poistioned.
    These 4 shoes have their exact placement or one of them will have the
    peg placed so that the adjuster cam misses it entirely.

               3: all the brakes need adjustment.
    John and Muddy