Re: [lro] weatherstripping alternatives

From: Jeff Berg (jeff@purpleshark.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 07:41:48 EST

    I bought a roll from JC Whitney. Can't remember which one-I just did a
    "visual" of the profiles on their website and seems that I picked right. It
    presses right on--no glue or adhesive.

    Admittedly the top piece sometimes slips off a bit--I could glue it in
    place, but so far the occasional "press" is all that's needed to put it back
    in place.

    Cost for the roll: approximately $30 (I think.) Enough left to do (at least)
    an entire additional set for FINSUP. (SWB 88).

    I also use the "Fowler" method (as brought to our attention by J-L) for
    sealing the tub. Pipe insulation works great, fills the gaps (which the foam
    camper stuff didn't do in my case) and leaves no residue when the hard top
    comes off.

    RoverOn!

    jab
    ==
     Jeffrey A. Berg Purple Shark Media Ridgefield, CT
                        jeff@purpleshark.com