[lro] Friends and Flac on the 109 saga ...

From: Steve (brit@infowest.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 17:53:41 EST

    My heart felt thanks to the (few) folks who called and offered help or who
    have suggested useful hints; human spirit when hearing someone faced with
    adversity is still out there - shame about the flamers...

    FYI - The truck was fully serviced and "gone over" by seller (dealer no less)
    but it now would appear electrics (generator) and outputs were not that well
    verified...its a new engine and vehicle less that 35k miles

    AAA was of course purchased and has been called upon by the miracle of cell
    phones...

    Back up plan has always been to trailer if needed - may yet happen...but these
    folks wanted an adventure...

    The old timers who crossed the western deserts in the old wagons and oxen did
    not carry mobile phones or spare axles - history teaches us that prudence and
    planning are sensible - but driving down the I40 shouldn't create too much
    cause for concern (unlike being out in real backcountry...)

    Thanks all

    Steve