[lro] (no subject)

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 16:23:38 EST

    "Steve" <brit@infowest.com> wrote:

    >Friends are driving my (new) 1976 109 from Philadelphia to Utah for
    me,,,its a
    >24v FFR model

    >It's having trouble ---

    >Looses power on hills sometimes they have to stop and switch it off and then
    >on agin - then its fine ! Why ?

    Sounds fuel related - indeed - almost identical to some issues I was having
    a while back. Too cheap to throw old boat gas away, I fed it through the
    Rover. The result was a seemingly endless series of plugged fuel filters.
    At steady running or idle, enough fuel would seep through to fill the bowl,
    but when you needed more power/fuel, it would stumble and/or quit.
    Usually, by the time I got the vehicle stopped on the verge, it would be
    idling sweetly.) I have since burned up all of that tank...anybody want
    some more 'free' petrol?

    There was another time that I swore it was the fuel pump that was at fault,
    even rebuilt the bugger to no avail. It was some dicey points that were
    the real culprits. (Never seen the innards of a 24v dizzy, tho'....)
    Good luck....