Re: [lro] preparation for a trip

From: Stirling Anderson (suntzu_2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 12:35:01 EST

    I carry nearly all the tools I own (I don't have a
    garage anymore) in the toolbox under my seat, in a
    tool roll, and bag. Everything from spanners and
    sockets to a DMM and dwell meter. It really cuts down
    on the "Oh, crap, I forgot my 15/16ths socket in the
    toolbox." worries. I know I can fix anything on the
    road that I can fix at home (if I can get the parts).
    It's a comforting thought.

    anectode: My dad and I were taking a camping trip, and
    actually broke the bumper on our pickup truck right in
    half. Guess the tongue weight was a bit too much for
    it. Broke it at about 4:00PM on Christmas Eve... Had
    to spend Christmas in a Chevron station parking lot in
    our trailer, and had red beans and rice for our
    Christmas dinner. Finally got to a junk yard and
    pulled a bumper on the 26th and got down the road.

    Cheers, Stirling
    PS. It's still for sale: http://www.theafrican.8k.com

    .
    http://launch.yahoo.com/u2