Re: [lro] Was stranded in ok - now preparation for a trip:

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 11:43:59 EST

    It just bemuses me why anyone would consider making a
    > multi-thousand-mile trip like that with no planning for
    > difficulty or expectation that there would be sone. On that
    > long a trip I'd think about a faily maintenance regimen
    > just to ensure the health of all the participants.
    >
    > I know I'm not the only one thinking this way - to judge
    > from the resounding silence when the initial call for help
    > went out.....

    I agree 100 %.
    Trips here in the UK are a fraction of what you guys do. But I would not set
    off on ANY journey in an unknown vehicle without backup, my own, in tools,
    and an RAC card and cellphone at the very least.
    I'm very sorry for the people stuck, but at least it might be a lesson to
    others.

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank