[lro] Wisdom of replacing cylinder head and carb

From: David Hope (davidjhope@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 07:40:44 EST

    After embarrassingly coming very much last in an RTV
    trial here in England yesterday it's back to the
    drawing board. Conditions were very muddy and steep.

    Concensus of opinion is that my vehicles poor
    performance was due to a combination of bad driver,
    poor tires and weak engine.

    I won't bore the list with a discussion of the first
    two and I know the third has been dealt with in one
    way or another before.

    Basically, my 7:1 compression engine knocks when going
    up hill under load and is generally tired, although it
    is fine on the flat.

    In a long conversation, Turner Engineering recommend
    their 8:1 polished cylinder head and a switch from a
    Webber to a Zenith.

    Any pearls of wisdom before I make the change?

    David Hope
    64 SWB
    http://launch.yahoo.com/u2