[lro] Sparkplug interference

From: Solihull@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 20:32:46 EST

    I just removed the plugs from a 2.25, five main bearing engine in a 79ish 109
    regular. Number one and four were bent onto the center electrode, not at all
    as I had left them when I put them in a few months ago. What thinketh the
    list? Seems to sound OK, for running on two cylinders and I cant see any
    marks on the piston crowns. Reason the head is off is to do the unleaded
    thing. Plugs are Champion RN12YC. Not my choice, mind you, that's what the PO
    had in there.
    Cheers!
    John Dillingham
    Vintage Rover Service
    Canton, Georgia
    93 Eurovan 'Red Bettie'
    88 Range Rover 'Periwinkle'
    85 Range Rover 'Hyacinth'
    68 Land Rover 88 (project, for sale)
    72 Land Rover 88 'Old 502
    72 Land Rover 88 'Nell'
    82 Isuzu Imark diesel 'baby deezle'
    60 Ex MOD series II SWB RHD
    75 Ex MOD 101 forward control troop transport