[lro] New York Times

From: Stirling Anderson (suntzu_2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 13:20:47 EST

    I just got a mass mailing from Cornflake, he's in the
    New York Times...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/08/travel/escapes/08AUTO.html
    Hopefully that link will work, but I think you may
    need to register to read it. It's all about how
    people are restoring old Land Rovers because of how
    trendy newer 4X4's have gotten. The writer actually
    did a pretty good job, and got the history correct.
    Must be a LRO.

    My favorite section of the article.
    "Eventually the Jeep evolved into the sporty vehicle
    we now see everywhere, and Land Rovers and Land
    Cruisers became the hard-working vehicles of choice in
    road-poor countries and backwoods locales."

    He actually got the New York Times to pretty much
    write an ad for him and his outrageous prices. The
    article said that you could get an old Land Rover from
    a private owner for a few thousand dollars, "but you
    would be buying problems." He suggests buying one of
    his for $30,000. Guess I need to double my asking
    price for The African. ;)

    Happy reading, Stirling.
    http://launch.yahoo.com/u2