Re: [lro] diesels.. info wanted

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 12:04:41 EST

    Jan writes: >>> I was thinking abt a dsl conversion. I know
    > most
    > > people think Tdi is the "right" option, but I was wondering.. <<<

    My 83 110 runs very happily with the Iveco 2.5 turbo - although the
    intercooler version would have been better for the local hills.
    Found in Fiat, Renault and Ford/Iveco vans... dunno if you get those in the
    US tho'
    One of my ideas was that parts are easier to get on mainland Europe for this
    engine than the Tdi or some of the Japanese engines.
    I looked at lots of diesel ideas when I did mine.
    Nissan in particular seemed to have cooling problems when towing...

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank