[lro] New re-subscriber to LRO Digest

From: LYNNE WORKMAN (workmeistr@msn.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 11:09:35 EST

    Hi, Folks,
      Im a new re-subscriber to the LRO Digest. Heres my story: I just
    purchased a 66 88 V8 Hybrid. Its due here this week. It is right hand
    drive and in need of some hefty interior/body fittings. It is currently
    setup as a Ser III interior and rather trashed. I am interested in
    converting the LHD. The bulkhead needs repairs and repair pieces came
    with the deal. I would, however, be interested in swapping the bulkhead to
    a LHD Ser II or Ser III, if I do convert. I have owned two Series rigs in
    the past, a 72 88 SW I got in Alaska that was a beauty. I later bought a
    65 109 SW and we drove it from Alaska to Georgia when we moved in 98. I
    sold the 109 and a 90 Rangie we had, to buy our Disco XD. I sold the 88
    to a great kid just getting into Rovers to buy my 69 MGB. I just sold my
    69 MGB to buy this hybrid. Somewhere in between was a 80 Rover 3500/SD 1,
    but thats another story. Sadly, though, I sold my two-Rovers-worth of
    parts to the kid I sold the 88 to. So, I am buying a truck that needs lots
    of little bits, hopefully no major mechanical, and I have no bits on the
    shelves. Thats my story.
      I know that Jim Hall mentioned the presence of parts-Rovers in Boulder,
    Ill have to check that out. But, please bear with me as I sort this new
    beastie out and get re-familiarized with the Series. I will likely turn to
    you pros for emotional assistance. Thanks in advance, Bren.

    Bren K. Workman
    4955 Manzana Drive
    Colorado Springs, CO 80911
    Phone: (719) 393-9645