Re: LRO: Re: Bottle opener on Series trucks:

From: lroml@minbar.fourfold.org
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 11:30:51 EDT

    On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, John Cranfield wrote:

    > Kindly explain just why, when on Canadian soil you found it necessary to
    > use said bottle opener when Canadian beer has screw tops!!!! Hrmph.

    Alan loves American beer, so I am sure he brought up cases of that swill
    and was in need of an opener. Series vehicles have very wise & kind
    ephemerial Spirits inhabiting them. These Spirits told Alan if he got so
    near to opening a jar of that stuff nearby, Churchill would disown him. Of
    course, Alan having the experience of Lucy knows the evil therein as well
    as the Range Rover will take any kind of attention and thus lead him to
    find something useful on their bodies.

    Of course, Alan has the choice. Admit to this, or admit he didn't notice
    everyone around him opening their beer with a simple twist... :-)

    Dixon
    '64 109sw