Re: LRO: Re: Kinda Long and Opinionated Leaf/Coil comments bewarned

From: Paul Oxley (paul@adventures.co.za)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 03:31:11 EDT

    Peter Ogilvie wrote:

    > Somehow I remember someone saying galvanized frames and bulkheads were an
    > option for South African assembled trucks until sometime in BMW's or
    > possibly after Ford's take over.

    Pre-BM actually. The galv chassis were mostly a pre-LRSA (Land-Rover
    South Africa) feature AFAIK. Before LRSA's official entrance into the SA
    market the vehicles were built and assembled under license by AAD
    (Associated Automotive Distributers), who picked up the hot-dipping
    thingy from the clients. I think that LRSA (who entered the market and
    then competed with AAD for a few years) also built some Defenders on
    galv chassis - and then killed it off as too costly.

    Regards

    Paul Oxley
    AfricanAdrenalin.com