Re: LRO: Re: Kinda Long and Opinionated Leaf/Coil comments bewarned

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 10:31:00 EDT

    >TA, like I said, you can try and fool yourself.... no bubbles burst here.
    >If this is a series only list how come there are so many people on it with
    >large American V8s in their vehicles?

    Why not? Rover was dropping an American V8 into series rigs in the
    nineteen seventies.

    In America, small block V8s are the common inexpensive universal
    replacement engine, parts are very cheap and they are a lot more rugged
    and dependable than the American V8 that General Motors sold to Rover.

    People in the UK have a very different set of engines to play with than
    people in the States. If someone in the States feels the need for a
    little more power the cheap reliable engine is the common small block
    V8s. Whereas in the UK you may go to an IVECO engine or something like
    that.

    It is no different than UK people putting in IVECO, peugout, or other
    more powerful, or less expensive diesel into their LRs.

    Considering how the Brits modify series rigs without a bit of hesitation
    I'm surprised you are taking the stance that you are.

    The first re-engined LR I rode in was in the UK. It had a Jag V-12 power
    plant.

    I too have opinions. A lot of them as a matter for fact.

    TeriAnn Wakeman If you send me direct mail, please
    Santa Cruz, California start the subject line with TW -
    twakeman@cruzers.com I will be sure to read the message

    http://www.shadow-catcher.net <- Photography for sale
    http://www.overlander.net <- Web directory for Land Rover
    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman <- My personal web site

    "How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
    Amelia Earhart 1898-1937