RE: LRO: RE: New Guy or All about Joe

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 01:19:20 EDT

            For chrissakes man.. I am not talking about adding lockers here, or
    changing the body... Its just a dang tire change to the same size you are
    running! Are you going to honestly tell me that in the course of series
    ownership you have never changed tire sizes? I don't consider that vehicle
    modification any more than I consider a series owner changing to radials
    instead of cross-plys a modification...

            As for added width, what is a disco, maybe 3-5" wider? He could have made
    up that difference by folding in the mirrors. So in fact, this guy was
    hobbled simply because he was running tires of less diameter. Given
    off-road tires of the same size and tread, its quite likely that he could
    have done everything you did if his driving skills were up to it.

            This conversation is NOT what I wanted to get into. Its just insane that
    you can consider your truck "clearly superior" since you've got bigger
    tires. If that's what you want to think, go right ahead. Series trucks DO
    have a lot of advantages over coilers that you should be pointing out, but
    this ain't one.

    -P