Re: LRO: Re: New Guy or All about Joe

From: Jeff Bieler (mrbieler@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 16:56:26 EDT

    This whole thread is pretty funny.

    Coilers are _____. Series owners are _______.

    No one has a monopoly on a**holes. I know more then a few drivers in
    both categories. I know guys in RR Classics and Discoveries that are
    really nice guys who will do anything to help beginners (or stranded
    veterans) and whose trail knowledge is amazing. I know Series owners
    who won't share the time of day and who you couldn't pay me to off road
    with. I also know that the opposite is true. Heck, I even know J**P
    owners who are good guys.

    Someone once told me that the trail is the ocean and the truck is the
    vessel. Worship the ocean, not the vessel. It's a bit "zen" for me,
    but while I agree that it's fun to be part of a community of like
    trucks, the make and model of your truck certainly doesn't change the
    quality of the guy behind the steering wheel.

    Pretty broad brush strokes being painted by a Parrot Head.

    Jeff Bieler