LRO: re: Painless Wiring

From: Kerner, Rob (kerner@vegmail.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 10:26:03 EDT

    I completely rewired my Series III 88 with a painless kit. I chose their
    bronco/landcruiser/scout kit. The wires looked like good quality with good
    quality insulation, and are stamped the entire length of the wire with where
    it is going. It was not too bad of an install, except that I soldered on
    all the connectors for corrosion reasons. I also then wrapped it in tape,
    and put it in plastic split loom. It has only been done for about 6 months,
    but it seems to work great, and I ended up with a couple of extra circuits
    for a light in the engine compartment, and one in the back. Price compared
    to an original kit was good, and easier than doing it yourself, because of
    the prewired fuse box.

    Rob Kerner
    1973 Series III 88 (Regent)
    1994 RR LWB