Re: LRO: strange looking French cars-way off topic

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 20:28:50 EDT

    The French tried the US Market but flopped horribly. Renault used to own
    jeep but their mix of cars, except for Jeep, just didn't fit our market.
    Peugeots, I still lust after a 505 Turbo, apparently failed because of an
    atrocious dealer network that was apparently met with outright hostility
    from the American Distributor and/or the Factory. Citroen never really had
    a presence but used to see a number of them around Ann Arbor during the
    60's.

    As a result, we have been spared some of the more exotic blue autos and
    expect we won't see the Renault that you speak of, so glowingly.

    Aloha
    Peter O.