LRO: RE: Painless Wiring & light ?

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 11:59:21 EDT

    That's right where I located it. I mounted it to the steering column hole
    cover plate. I installed 4 rivnuts to replace the 4 rivets that held the
    plate in place, and then mounted the fuse box to the plate with the relay
    oriented toward the driver. A hole and grommet in the center of the plate
    passes the painless circuit-boss wire loom to the engine side of the
    bulkhead, where it splits to the soap-box (original harness location) and
    then the accessory circuits come back to the interior at the main harness
    grommet and on to the switch box. I may obtain another dash cover (the one
    that hides the defroster hoses) and locate it over the fuse box right next
    to the one covering the defroster hoses. But then I like the looks of the
    fuse box, so why not leave it visible...

    JT/ric

    Did you mount this in the space in front of the passenger? Or behind the
    gauges? I was thinking about the blank space infront of the passanger, but
    decided I wanted a glove box, so mounted it in the engine compartment. I do
    think that for the next project I will be mounting it inside. Not that many
    wires run straight from the fuse block into the engine compartment.
    I just got done making an overhead console that will hold my radio, cb, and
    off road light switches. Still plenty of room inside the thing, think it
    would be the perfect place to 'hide' the fuses.

    Pete