LRO: Re: Ex MOD 110 question-re:wiring

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 08:23:17 EDT

    On the subject of wiring this beast:

    Call Summit Racing in Ohio and get a kit from Painless Wiring. It's about
    about $250 for a generic kit, $280 if you want 4 extra cicuits.
    It includes a blade-style fuse panel, and wiring looms that accept more
    things than even the nicest 110 requires - which means plenty of extra space
    for lights, CB, vibrating mattress, coffee maker...

    Down the entire length of any given wire, it will say what it goes to.
    e.g. - "left rear brake lamp" will be written about every 6 inches, so
    regardless of what length the wire is cut, you'll know where it goes.
    One main wire hooks to the battery, and the rest route where you need them
    to go. It comes with zip ties, butt-end connectors, rubber grommets and
    extra wire (which you won't need). The recommended fuses, and flasher, and
    one relay are already in the panel.

    You can't buy all of this stuff separately for $250, probably, and it will
    make wiring your truck a single afternoon project.

    This is one of the most thought out, "delivered as promised", and
    appropriately named products I've ever used. Worth every penny. If you call
    Summit today, you'll have it for the weekend.

    If you're foolish enough to not go this route, I have a "grab bag" of
    90/110 wiring harnesses that I'll sell you for $40, incl. shipping anywhere
    in the 48 states.
    But get the Painless Kit - seriously.

    Best of luck,
    Alex Maiolo