LRO: Pinion nut

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 23:38:15 EDT

    Tried everything to get my front pinion nut undone. Breaker bar, hammer,
    cheater bar. Nothing worked since I don't have a lift to get the thing
    far enough off the ground to get enough rotation on the cheater bar.

    Figured I'd have to wait til I visited a friend with an impact wrench to
    get the thing undone.
    Then it hit me: I could brace the breaker bar on the ground and back up.
     Tried it tonight. Got the breaker bar on there only to find it too
    short to contact the ground. So I braced it against the top of the right
    hand leaf spring, got in, put her in 4L (just to make the process a bit
    slower), backed up a foot, and hey presto! It was loose. Got the seal
    replaced about 10 min. later and am now ready for the weekend's trail
    runs.

    bill