Re: LRO: Re: French car

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 23:52:20 EDT

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Faure, Marin wrote:

    :And speaking of old, weird cars, here's one I suspect no one will know (including
    :me). In my neighborhood in Honolulu back in about 1971, there was a fellow
    :who had two of these small sports car things. They looked, as I recall, sort of like
    :streamlined versions of an Austin Healey Sprite, the rounder bugeye model, although
    :these things didn't have google-eyed headlights. But they were powered by a
    :relatively large motorcycle engine with (if memory serves) two horizontal cylinders.
    :Or maybe it was a vertical or slanted twin. Anyway, it was a twin. The engine was
    :mounted up front under the hood in the conventional position. It might have had
    :chain drive to the rear wheels. These cars
    :had manufacturer's names, but I can't recall for the life of me what they were.
    A Berkeley sports, maybe? They're front wheel drive, but they've got a
    two-cylinder engine in them. the B95 looks something like a sprite
    http://www.cjnetworks.com/~msabat/berks/igerk95.GIF
    http://www.cjnetworks.com/~msabat/berks/

    There are a bunch of cars that used an engine called the Azanti, which is an
    air cooled twin. It also was in boats, motorcylces tractors, ....

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.