Re: LRO: Guinness/ old wars

From: Paul (l.andie@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 05:23:08 EDT

    In article <3B28B6C1.C6CCF099@adventures.co.za>, Paul Oxley wrote:
    > Or, for that matter, between the British and ANY of their former
    > colonies.

    Absolutely. My Grandmother (who died recently at 98) had a picture of
    her father taken in Pietermaritzburg. He was dressed in the "new
    fangled khaki".

     The other (possible) South African connection is that a Commandant
    Lonsdale was sole survivor of Isandlwana. I guess he had a fast horse
    and was sent for re-inforcements! Probably could have used a V8 90..

     Paul Lonsdale