LRO: seeking opinions on paint schemes

From: Rich & Lori Williams (paddlers@nwlink.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 22:28:39 EDT

    Okay, this really isn't that big of a deal but I needed to kill a few
    minutes so I am throwing this out to the list to get people's opinions on
    paint schemes.

    We're talking about a 1960 Series II 109 Station Wagon. The truck was
    originally Marine Blue and after much consideration during this restoration
    I have decided to change it's body color to Bronze Green, including the side
    panels rear of the middle doors. Well, it may not be a SII color (from what
    I have been able to tell save for models exported to countries other than
    the USA) but at least it is a Series color.

    I am using Rover White (apparently the earliest of the LR "light" colors)
    for the roof and wheels. The question is regarding the roof, some family
    members are in favor of painting just the sun shield white with the rest of
    the top painted body color and others want the entire roof white. We've
    seen Series trucks painted both ways and now have a divided household. Was
    there any specific reason behind the 2 different schemes?

    And most importantly, what are your votes? Chime in and settle this family
    dilemma (hey, it could be worse). I'll hold my opinion (vote) until a
    decision has been made.

    Thanks everyone.

    Rich