LRO: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guinness (for Frank, the Old Fart)

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 22:39:09 EDT

    > to enjoy a pint of Newkie Brown properly you should have a pint bottle and
    > half pint glass. Then you keep topping up the half pint as you drink, to
    > keep the head on it. Otherwise it disappears and looks flat - still tastes
    > just as good tho.

    One of the guys on the list got it dead on!

    > you also write: 'up Alan Shearer' to which I reply, that rat deserted
    > Blackburn Rovers so 'right up' him!

    Yeah, I've got a Rovers (<-----content) jersey in my closet. A pal gave it
    to me as a very obvious joke. Relegated or not I still pull for them, owing,
    of course to the name.
    Personally, I'm a Chelsea fan when you're talking Premier. I just mentioned
    Shearer because (let's face it) he's amazing, and from Newkie town.

    Mixed a Scot's Mac tonight. Thanks for the tip!

    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC