LRO: Re: Re: Land Rover Price in 1959?

From: Peter Thomson (razorback2@home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 22:00:03 EDT

    Just to give my 2cents worth I paid $1,998 AU (Australian) dollars for my
    88" diesel 11A direct from the factory and had it shipped to the U.S. early
    1970. Back then it took $2.50 U.S. to make $1.00 AU dollar.
     I was looking at the Jeep and other 4wds and found that they may have been
    cheaper to buy but by the time you added the off road packeges it cost a
    hell of a lot more. I know at the time one chap spent another $8.000 on his
    scout and then didn't want to scratch it off road. My 88 went from the U.S.
    to Canada to Australia where I sold it in 1993.(for parts) the frame was
    toast. Peter.