LRO: RE: front t-case output seal.

From: Brian F. Waltman (bfw@cwm-inc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 11:37:01 EDT

    I just finished doing the same thing. Set of metric wrenches size 10mm to
    15mm at local cheaper tool store, $5.53; Ability to attack those nuts on
    Front output casing, priceless.

    I have now figured out why my truck was getting such lousy gas milage, the
    4WD was engaged permanently in high ratio due to rust on the selector shaft.
    I will be sanding alittle rust off the shaft this weekend and putting her
    back together. Hope for better gas milage.

    Anyone know the size of the front and rear output shaft seals? Is there a
    alternative part number from another vehicle I could use to buy them
    locally?

    Thanks,

    Brian Waltman

    "Those nuts ain't 1/2 and they ain't 9/16"....." This very quote could be
    heard coming from my garage last week as well!