Re: LRO: Guinness (was Acetone and Rain-X)

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 18:54:24 EDT

    >My friend understands that the proper way
    >to drink this fine ale (in Britain) is cold, contrary to what we
    understand
    >you drink most of your beer. I thought you drank it warm. So what's the
    >real scoop?

    Nonsense. I may not be a Brit but I've spent enough time there - and I've
    never had Guinness served to me icy cold. It's simply not done - as we all
    know the Brits have only recently discovered refrigeration....8*)

    Now Newcastle Brown Ale I might agree with you on - but Guinness is served
    at cellar temperature (45-50) and no colder in England or Ireland.

    I've spent many a fuzzy evening sucking down pints in both places....and
    never ran across iced Guinness.

                        ajr