Re: LRO: Guinness

From: Lori Sickley (rovers@nep.net)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 16:17:39 EDT

    >Jim Hall replied:
    >Somehow, I don't think meldted plastic widget butt chicken would taste
    >too good. Maybe it is best to use non-widget or metal widget beers for
    >this.

    Ah, so true! Good point. Need a disclaimer for Guinness cans!
    Forgot about the little rocket inside since I didn't waste a really good
    beer for the chicken : ) Slummed with McSorley's B&T instead. Didn't tell
    the whole story either. Only beer in stock was packaged in glass so I
    improvised by using an emptied soda can filled half way with beer as a
    substitute. The show host, who enquired as to the possible toxicity of the
    can printing, was told it was tested and isn't a problem......but who
    really knows.

    Still recommend you try the recipe sans plastic : )

    Lori in PA
    http://www.gotsoap.com