Re: LRO: Re: RE: gear and transfer teach please AND ANOTHER Q

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 03:05:24 EDT

    On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Rich & Lori Williams wrote:

    :Okay so add to all this the use of Free Wheeling Hubs. My 109 came with
    :Fairey FWH but never got the opportunity to engage them so 2 questions:
    :
    :1) when the truck is put back into service do I want to keep them

    I'd keep them if they're in good shape.
    My opinion on them is they're nice, but not essential.

    :
    :2) how do they get used?

    Leave them engaged for city driving, unlock them for highway drives. If it
    gets cold where you are, unlock them for cold weather when you don't expect
    to need four-wheel drive.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.