Re: LRO: galvanized cappings

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 23:20:22 EDT

    My cappings were all painted when I got the truck, so I re-painted 'em
    when I painted it. But when I got my bulkhead and everything else
    galvanized, I took all the cappings off and had 'em re done.

    I believe the originals were hot dipped. If you can get 'em done cheaply
    somewhere near you, it'd sure be nice to re-do 'em.

    Those rivets at the back are actually pretty easy to remove. Just use a
    cold chisel and a BFH and knock the heads off of them. I replaced them
    with some nice sealing pop rivets from Auveco that are pretty strong.

    bill