LRO: RE: Asbestos (was tuning by eye)

From: Ted Treanor (ttreanor1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 13:47:49 EDT

    What about the poor mechanic taking off a brake drum filled with 40,000
    miles worth of asbestos brake dust? On any brake assembly that needs a few
    whacks to loosen the drum, a cloud of brake dust fills the air. Do you know
    anyone that wear a respirator while doing a brake job?

    The pencil lead idea sounds interesting. How/where do you apply the lead to
    the pads?