Re: LRO: Land Rover 5 bearing engines.

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 02:05:24 EDT

    The bottom ends of the 2 1/4 are pretty stout. Never heard of any problems
    with the 3 main. I'd just rebuild your engine. You wouldn't be gaining
    that much with a 5 main unless you plan on spinning it above 5,000 rpm
    continuously. Go for the 2.5 if you feel you have to have a 5 main engine.

    Aloha
    Peter