Re: LRO: Land Rover 5 bearing engines.

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 10:42:13 EDT

    >5 bearing or 3 bearing, are heads and trannies a straight forward switch?

    Yep. Basically the Factory wanted to add a turbo to the deisel version
    of the engine and the 3 main bottom end was not strong enough. So they
    reworked the bottom of the block to make it a five bearing engine. Of
    course this means that you can build a turbo version of the five main
    petrol engine as well 8*)

    The heads are intercangable among the IIA, and III engines. If you go to
    purchase a new head for IIA engine today chances are you will be sold a
    2.5L head and a metric stud kit.

    >ensure that my ACR head and series IIa tranny will bolt up.

    There should be no problem.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html