LRO: Mounting Sand Rails

From: kyle vandyke (k_vandyke@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 23:48:20 EDT

    I've got a pair of sand rails (galvanized steel about 25 lbs each) that I
    want to mount on the sides of my soft top 109. I was going to get a shop to
    fabricate some mounts based on pictures of the pink panther rover. My
    question is do I need some special reinforcement along the sides? Pink
    Panthers appear to have some type of reinforcement panel running the length
    of the side (or maybe it's just bulletproofing - not really needed on my
    rover.) Anyone else have experience mounting similar heavy objects to the
    rear panels?
    Thanks,
    Kyle Van Dyke
    1971 SIIA 109