Re: LRO: Tranny rebuild opinions sought

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@qwest.net)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 12:34:25 EDT

    They aren't that difficult to rebuild, as I did mine last year. You may
    need one special tool for a nut on the input? shaft, which is like the
    output shaft nut, only bigger. I made one for mine out of a piece of
    pipe. I think it came off without it, but I made the tool so I could put
    it on tight, as it is hard to get a chisel in there to tighten it by the
    unapproved method. On the other hand, you would also have a lower low
    range with a suffix D tranny.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser