Re: LRO: West Marine

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 13:36:03 EDT

    Pete,

    You can get water"proof" CB's with a 10 channel weather band. (I have one)

    VHF is a different animal. It's FM and runs in the 157.5 to 159 frequency range (or there abouts). CB's are AM, and are parked down around 38. These are generalizations, and I apologize. I know as I type this, the more knowledgible folks are responding as well.

    The weather band is in the 162 range. It's common to find the weather receivers in with CB's and car radio's now.

    Bryan

    62 88
    70 109 "Genie"

    On Fri, 25 May 2001, "Hope Peter" wrote:

    > I just got a west marine catalog in the mail and found some neat stuff for
    > the land rover. They have waterproof am/fm/cd radios and speakers for boats
    > that would make a great replacement for my waterlogged unit.
    >
    > They also had a couple of nice waterproof VHF tranceivers. They have built
    > in scanners and get the weather alert channels. Is a VHF radio the same
    > thing as a CB...can they talk to each other? Or is this something else?
    > Thanks
    > Pete

    PeoplePC: It's for people. And it's just smart.
    http://www.peoplepc.com