LRO: RE: West Marine

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 14:56:21 EDT

    Do NOT under any circumstances use VHF on land. First of all, VHF radios
    will only talk to others. Second VHF use on land unless you have a license
    will get you arrested FOR SHURE! Third, VHF is line of sight transmission
    only and things like trees, buildings, etc will make the signal almost
    unusable.

    Get a good CB, have it professionally "worked up" and tuned, and call it a
    day. I get anywhere from 4-10 miles out of my CB setup with a 4 foot
    antenna.

    -P