LRO: West Marine

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 00:52:05 EDT

    I just got a west marine catalog in the mail and found some neat stuff for
    the land rover. They have waterproof am/fm/cd radios and speakers for boats
    that would make a great replacement for my waterlogged unit.

    They also had a couple of nice waterproof VHF tranceivers. They have built
    in scanners and get the weather alert channels. Is a VHF radio the same
    thing as a CB...can they talk to each other? Or is this something else?
    Thanks
    Pete