LRO: Re: Dirt inside the chassis

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 01:55:52 EDT

    I like drain holes. Unless you pick up rocks or big clumps of mud, most
    stuff will hopefully just run out. Helps to be able to run water in the
    drain hole and out the top

    Better yet is to seal up the space and have drain holes. This way nothing
    bigger then the drain gets in there. You can squirt waxoyl periodically
    into the space, and if you like get some rubber shipping plugs to seal up
    the drain holes.

    I only have a couple of completely closed off box section in my fame, and
    these I built myself from new steel.
    The frame itself is wide open front to rear. Can powerwash it out that way.
    Coat the inside, etc.

    HTH
    Pete