Re: LRO: RE: Rock sliders

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 00:33:30 EDT

    > I'm not that far in my slider daydreaming process yet. Could
    > be all you will need to do is add a bottom rubber seal to the bottom of
    > the door. Or it could be you just leave the galvanized strip of steel in
    > place.

    I was able to trim my channel so that it still does it's job, but has lost
    some strength. It rests atop the slider, so this was not a problem.

    I love the idea of having the the slider go down to the fuel tank. I am
    worried about rolling over a rock and having it miss the slider and frame
    rail, but still hit the fuel tank, so I am working on a shield. Would be
    shaped like the one that is soldered to the fuel tank, but form from thicker
    steel. Would have about 1/4" gap between the bottom of the tank so it can
    be cleaned out. would mount using the same holes as the fuel tank.