Re: LRO: Series Gas Mileage

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 11:49:24 EDT

    >I'd like to hear what others are experiencing as to gas mileage and
    >travel range on their Series vehicles.

    When I had a 2-1/4L petrol engine, I was getting 16sh MPH on the open
    highway (Sometime a little better with tail winds someimes a little worse
    with head winds) that dropped down to around 12-13ish in stop and go
    driving. I was running a Rochester.

    Strangely enough I'm getting the same to maybe a tad better with the 302
    V8. I've just added an Ashcroft high ratio transfer case. My revs are
    lower on the highway and I have yet to figure milage with the new high
    ratio gearing.

    > I do burn hi-test with a lead substitute.

    Why? I always used and still use regular and no lead subsititute. Your
    series III is only 8:1 compression.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html