Re: LRO: RE: Rock sliders

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 13:54:25 EDT

    > I am
    >worried about rolling over a rock and having it miss the slider and frame
    >rail, but still hit the fuel tank, so I am working on a shield. Would be
    >shaped like the one that is soldered to the fuel tank, but form from thicker
    >steel. Would have about 1/4" gap between the bottom of the tank so it can
    >be cleaned out. would mount using the same holes as the fuel tank.

    But you would still have either a right angle for something you are
    sliding over to encounter or a sharp ramp. All something like this means
    is that you could hit something harder without damage. A long ramp would
    gradually lift the tank over the obstical without needing to stop and
    jack the fuel tank over.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html