Re: LRO: Re:rock sliders

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 11:34:08 EDT

    >please note, before getting too excited, the rock sliders I'm about to talk
    >about were for light protection only - not for regularly sliding the landy
    >over massive rocks - more for scraping against a pank, log or tree
    >when doing tight bush work

    I currently have aluminum diamond plate poprivited to my stock side
    skirts for just this kind of thing. I have to do a little straightening
    or replace poprivets once and a while but it works very well for sanding
    the bark on trees, reshaping banks and moving against the occasional
    rock. the aluminum diamond plate has stayed remarkabley nice looking.
    Especially with all the action the off side gets.

    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman/LR/GRpropanedoor98.htm

    Shows part of the plating.

    Take care,

    TeriAnn
                          http://www.overlander.net

      The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
      with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.