Re: LRO: RE: Rock sliders

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 23:43:36 EDT

    Guess what?? More people died in Ford trucks than died in Chevy trucks of
    the period. Yes there were slightly more fires in the Chevy than Ford but
    if you wanted a better chance to stay alive in an accident, you should have
    been driving a Chevy, saddle tanks and all. This is another one of those
    manufactured hysteria crises courtesy of your local ambulance chaser.

    Yes it would be nice to have more protection for the tanks. Will it
    guarantee your survival to your 100th anniversary, not likely. Tell your
    wife to think rationally. Living is dangerous, the only alternative is more
    so to longevity.

    If the US falters as an economic power, the cause will be laid at the feet
    of the Product liability attorneys.

    Aloha
    Peter