Re: LRO: Rock Sliders

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 23:27:58 EDT

    Actually, mine were made by me (standing around saying "ahh" mostly) and
    Lee Garret (whose name I may have just misspelled) when I was at Ft.
    Leavenworth (not in jail, I might add).

    We just measured the sills, bought some square profile 3/16" or 1/4" or
    maybe even 1/8" wall tubing, had the metal place lop the ends off at an
    angle, welded caps on the ends, and welded two pieces of angle iron to
    each, through which we drilled holes for mounting 'em to the bulkhead
    outrigger and the tub outrigger on my 109SW. Only problem on a PU may be
    the forward tank fouling the sliders, which one would with my sliders,
    tho' I guess we could've positioned them further out and avoided that
    problem altogether.

    bill