Re: LRO: Transmission Removal

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 15:10:19 EDT

    --- Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus <Alan_Richer@Lotus.com> wrote:
    > Easily - done it more than once w/ a lousy Come-along and the roof
    > off in
    > my garage...or under a tree...or under a swing set...or wherever.
    >> I do, however, have an engine crane now and tend not to perform such
    > silliness anymore.

    See, even you admit its better to have a crane. With the roof on,
    removing the trans from above without one (or without alot of rigging
    savvy and creativity) requires swinging a heavy, awkward load off
    center or lifting using just your lower back muscles. Dropping it out
    the bottom, -and it sounds like your opinion on that is based merely on
    speculation- is much easier, and safer. I've removed and installed
    rover transmissions both ways, as well as others.

    =====
    They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier.

    David Foster Wallace